Our Mission & What We Offer
All classes are held at our
Dog Training School
4120 S. Four Mile Run Drive
Arlington VA 22206
Call the Dog Training School at 703-229-4960
email our Training Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Our specialty is getting adopted rescues off to a good start and developing well-mannered family dogs.
Fur-Get Me Not is committed to teaching people how to train their dogs using positive training methods based in science, with a focus on learning theory and animal behavior.
We are on the forefront of the latest information pertaining to positive dog training. Our goal is to teach people in a fun and inspiring way how to motivate their dogs to perform wanted behaviors. Our teaching involves no force or coercion. All lead trainers are Certified Professional Dog Trainers (CPDT). This is to ensure students are guided by committed and skilled professionals that have been independently tested on their knowledge and skills through the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers. Learn more on why you should choose a CPDT-KA or CPDT-KSA when seeking professional training advice.
At Fur-Get Me Not you will find a wealth of experience and knowledge accumulated under one roof that is unparalleled in the Washington, DC Metro area. We are a team of 10 trainers and together we hold the following titles and certifications.
- We have 6 Certified Professional Dog Trainers- Knowledge & Skills Assessed (CPDT-KSA) by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
- We have 1 Certified Professional Dog Trainers- Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA) by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
- We have 2 Certified Behavior Consultant Canine – Knowledge Assessed (CBCC-KA) by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
- We have 1 Associate Member of the International Association of the Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- We have 1 Associate Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist (CAAB) by the Animal Behavior Society
- We have 1 SAFER® Canine Aggression Assessment certified by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- We have 2 Certified K9 Nose Work Instructors (CNWIs) by the National Association of Canine Scent Work
- We have 3 AKC Canine Good Citizen evaluators (CGC) by the American Kennel Club (AKC)
- We have 2 Canine Life And Social Skills Instructors (C.L.A.S.S.) by Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- We have 2 Karen Pryor Academy graduates (KPA CTP) by the Karen Pryor Academy
- We have 1 Family Paws Parent Education Licensed Educator (Prepare for living with dogs and babies/toddlers) by Family Paws Parent Education
- We have 1 Certified Wag it Games Tier 2 Instructor (WAG-CI) by WagItGames
- We have 1 Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI) by Do More With Your Dog
- We have 1 Certified FitPaws Master Trainer (Canine conditioning and fitness) by FitPaws
- We have 4 Certified at the first level of TAG Teach (TAGteach Primary) by TAGteach International
In addition to our certified trainers leading the class instruction we also are mentors for aspiring dog trainers and have an active Fur-Get Me Not apprentice program. They contribute to students support in the classroom.